You can use the Membership designatory letters with your name (MAAT / SAT / FMAAT)
Your details will be available under Members’ Portal.
You will receive opportunity to serve as a “Member in Practice” upon satisfaction of the enrollment criteria.
You can serve as an Authorized Representative (10 years post-qualifying experience required) for Inland Revenue purposes and obtain “Approved Accountant” status (for FMAATs)
You will receive “Insearch” Member’s Journal free of charge
You can participate in Member’s Day Programs, Annual Conferences, Monthly Seminars, Workshops, Training Programs, etc; organized by AAT at concessionary rates.
You can serve as a Member of various Committees of AAT (There are around nine committees at present)
You may get an opportunity to participate in our Examination Activities as: (i) A Marking Examiner (ii) An Examination Centre Member Supervisor (iii) A Paper Setter / Moderator / Translator
You can follow AAT Business School Courses such as HDAF, MDP, Computer, and Taxation Courses and etc at special rates
You can enjoy periodically updated discounts & special services for Hotels, Restaurants, Caterers, Book Shops, Opticians, Hospitals, Furniture, Jewelry, Magazines, Tours, Vehicle Service Stations, Ready Made Garments, Footwear, etc.
You can apply for an Affinity Credit Card from HNB
Requirements for applying for AAT Membership
Through AAT Exam
[AAT PASSED FINALISTS - PF]
1. Successful completion of AAT (PF) and 1 year of Practical Training / Experience + completion of 2 day People & Leadership Skills workshop (PLS) conducted by AAT Business School of AAT Sri Lanka. (PFs of any syllabus can apply under this scheme)
2. SPECIAL SCHEME - Based on service letters Successful completion of AAT (PF) and 4 years working experience in lieu of training records (this is applicable only for PFs who have registered as AAT Students prior to the year 2015) along with completion of 2 day People & Leadership Skills workshop (PLS) conducted by AAT Business School. AAT Passed Finalists with 04 years working experience (after AAT registration) in Accounting / Auditing / Banking / Taxation OR University Lecturing (Accounting / Finance / Auditing / Taxation) can apply for MAAT Membership by producing comprehensive service letter/s in lieu of training records Passed Finalists who hold Senior positions at Government or recognized Private Sector organizations and have more than 04 years working experience (after AAT registration) in Marketing / HR are also entitled for this scheme
Licentiate certificate / Intermediate certificate / CAB II certificate / CBA certificate (issued after completion of the training requirements) of CA Sri Lanka and 02 years Practical Training / Experience (1 year if CBA) + completion of 2 day People & Leadership Skills workshop (PLS) conducted by AAT Business School (Service letters should be submitted as proof).
Advanced Diploma Certificate of CIMA (UK) / ACCA (UK) and 02 years Practical Training / Experience + completion of 2 day People & Leadership Skills workshop (PLS) conducted by AAT Business School. (Student Training Records should be submitted as proof)
1. 05 years Executive Level Accounting Experience after obtaining MAAT
Those members who have Executive Level Experience in Non-accounting fields can also apply to upgrade, after completing MDP or any higher course conducted by AAT Business School in addition to the required experience.
All members are required to comply with 120 CPDs in every 3 rolling years
Final Examination (Passed Finalist) with case study of CA Sri Lanka / CIMA (UK) / ACCA (UK) and 03 years relevant Practical Training / Experience.
05 years Managerial Level Experience after obtaining SAT grade. All members are required to comply with 120 CPDs in every 3 rolling years.
1. Membership of CA Sri Lanka / CIMA (UK) / ACCA (UK) and 03 years post-qualifying managerial experience.
2. Passed Finalists of AAT having a professorship / Doctorate with a finance background could apply for Direct FMAAT (Life Membership)
(The existing criteria mentioned here may be subject to revision. Please update yourself with ongoing criteria at the time of applying for membership.)